Friday, May 6, 2011

Interesting Quote: Elizabeth Berkley


First of all, I'm so happy it has been. I feel so appreciated and understood; I could cry. [Begins crying] You got me to cry! I feel very appreciated by my gay fans, and I really appreciate it. So when they come up to me and say a line like, "Let me do your nails sometime, darling, or I don't know, she just went down," I just love it. It makes me so happy because it was supposed to be fun. It's campy and fun, and I love that it's finally been embraced. It feels good. I mean it's funny how a lot of movies that have been bashed just die on a video shelf and you never hear about them again. Wow -- not this. This is now one of the top ten grossing films for MGM of all time. So, go figure. It's like, Really, it was that bad? Why'd you have to try to kill all of us involved?

Elizabeth talks about why her gay fans love Showgirls.

source

2 comments:

Prince Todd said...

she should revisit Jesse Spano "I'm so excited".

Mind Of Mine said...

I love Showgirls!!

It is not as bad as everyone makes out.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.