Saturday, May 14, 2011

Conversations with an old 'Semi' F__ Buddy

This week, I had a convo with an old 'buddy' of mine. And when I say buddy I mean a guy I fooled around with in college.

Here's a little background about us: 'M' (I won't use his real name) was a hot RA who was known for his sexual escapades with guys. I heard the rumors and thought that whomever getting it from him was lucky. A few months later, we finally met and started hanging out. He told me that he found me attractive. I was very flattered and instantly caught up in his charms. A day after our little chat, we started messing around. But here's the thing, 'M' had a girlfriend and I wasn't the only guy he was having fun with. There were 3 other guys he was seeing at the time.

I knew that, but my sad self-esteem kept me bound to him.  I believed I couldn't do any better. I mean, 'M' was ripped, sexy, very persuasive and completely selfish. Once I finally saw 'M' for what he really was, I knew I had to do something about it. So, I ended the 'relationship'.  I realized I needed to save myself and get out while I could. We remained friends afterward, but it was weird and very awkward.

Now fast forward 14 years later. "M' contacts me through Facebook. He wanted to chat and to see how I was doing. We caught up and had a good solid convo for about an hour. Near the end of our talk, 'M' tells me he is sorry for being a douchebag all those years ago. He said that his ego got the best of him and he didn't see the harm he was doing to all of us.

I told not to beat himself up over it. We were in our early 20s; I don't think we understood what was going on with our sexuality or anything thing else at the during those days. However, it was nice to hear from him. I never thought that he would call up one day to say "Sorry I was a bastard to you"; but he did, and I was grateful for that.




Oh,  the 'Semi' in the title means, not having the complete sexual experience. We did mutual masturbation and did some oral, but that was it.

I didn't want to go all the way with someone I didn't love. I was foolish, but still a gentleman.

5 comments:

Prince Todd said...

Good for you!
I imagine a few things happened to him a long the way and he had to do some penance.
Good for him too.

Stan said...

That was nice of him. When we're in our 20's we don't know shit. That's why I can't see couples (straight or gay) getting married so young.
I'd like to hear from some of my old flames but I'm not on Facebook and most of them have sadly passed away by now I'm sure.

behrmark said...

As it turns out, HE was the lucky one for knowing YOU. :)

Anonymous said...

That's cool when someone apologizes later in life for what they did back when we were all going through our young and stupid phase. I wish that happened to me.

Felicia Monique said...

Nice!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.