Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sen. Evan Bayh tells a Bad, Bad AIDS joke.

This man has lost cool points before, but this mess takes the cake.

In his speech at a fundraising event, Bayh told this joke...


If you couldn't hear it, here's the transcript:

So I'm walking through the airport and people were kinda being nice and making eye contact and a couple come up and say hello. This one person runs up all excited and I'm prepared to say "Hello," and he says, "Senator Bayh! Senator Bayh!"

I said "Well, yes?" and he looked at me and said, "Do you have AIDS?"

[audible gasps]

I said, "Huh?"

He said, "Yeah. Do you have AIDS?"

I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say.

He said, "I've got a letter I want to give you, do you have someone I can hand this to? Do you have an aide with you?"

[laughter]

So you never know what people are going to say.

[more laughter]

Many of you have asked me... You've got to be prepared for about anything, you know?


As you saw in the clip, Bayh says he was misunderstood. What do you think?

source

3 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

What pisses me off more are the asshats who are laughing.

Bob said...

It was sheer stupidity and insensitivity.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

Even it it happened, why would you repeat it in a speech?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.