Friday, May 7, 2010

My Iron Man 2 Bullet Review


I just saw Iron Man 2 tonight at the AERO theater in Santa Monica.

And we got a treat (besides seeing the movie at 7:30pm vs midnight)! We were lucky to have Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. in the audience with us!!

I really liked the movie, it kept me excited and pumped! But as usual, I will give my vague review in bullet point!
  • Tony Stark is an asshole, but in a good way.
  • We see a lot more fun in this film.
  • Sam Rockwell's character, Justin Hammer was great, silly but great.
  • If you are a fan of the comic, you saw a little bit of the Demon in the Bottle issue.
  • Mickey Rourke played a great Whiplash, I just wished he had more time on screen.
  • The issue with Tony and his father is addressed.
  • There were more fighting scenes in this film.
  • Robert Downey Jr. is hot in person, Jon is too.
  • The scenes flowed pretty well, very consistent.
  • The car race scene was fabulous!
  • The use of Tony's 3D programs were much better than the use of 3D in movies.
  • The opening scene at the Stark Expo was a bit much.
  • The final battle scene was kind of short, but to the point.
  • I was happy to see Black Widow, but she really didn't have a point in the movie.
  • War Machine was cool.
  • I'm not as geeky as some people. I think I was outgeeked tonight.
In all, it's a good film... See it!

4 comments:

Cubby said...

"I think I was outgeeked tonight." LOL
I can't wait to see this movie tonight. We watched Iron Man 1 on DVD last night and my hubby complained that the special effects were too loud so he hated the movie!! WTF!!! Please come bitchslap him for me!

robertga99 said...

SHUT UP...are you serious? OMG...Robert & Jon were in the audience? how cool is that!

SteveA said...

I'm gonna see it b/c the soundtrack is like an AC/DC greatest hits!

Unknown said...

I actually liked that opening sequence. It really put established the point that he is both a super hero, and super celebrity. It solidified the "worship" that all the rest of the movie played against.
Yes, that final battle scene was under 2 minutes. I hope the directors cut is a bit longer.
I really like the way Black Widow was handled. No goofy accent (as an esteemed syp like herself shouldn't have an accent to blow her cover). And now, they won't have to waste time on her introduction when the make the Avengers movie.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.