Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flashback 2002: I took a Bottoming Class


In 2002, I took a class in gay sex. At the time, I was a virgin (kinda). I never had anal sex and I wanted to learn how to be a good bottom. So, I thought I should get all the info I needed to be prepared.

That night, I was a little nervous.  I walked into the room with my little notebook and took a seat in the front of the class. For 3 hours, I learned a lot about bottoming, like: how to prepare, which lubes to use and the power of the prostate. There were over 20 men there. Most were bottoms who had the worst horror stories, I will spare y'all the details. And rest of the guys were tops learning how to treat bottoms. There stories were crazy too, but it was good to see them look out for their 'catchers'.

I asked a lot questions and at one point, I thought someone was going to hit me with a book. But the class and the instructor were patient with me. There was so much I never knew. Thank Hera I waited to get my cherry popped, I felt ready and well prepared.

However, there was one thing I didn't do. The instructor told us to buy a dildo and try it out. I wasn't ready for that. I needed help with that lesson.

6 comments:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Thank you for sharing this. I wish a class like this were available when I needed one. Great post and illustration!

Cubby said...

I'm having a hard time imagining talking about this in a classroom setting. I wonder if there is some kind of instructional video on the internet, as I'm sure it could benefit me.

Writer said...

WOW! A class for bottoms! That's very neat. Were there any in class demos?

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough one book that pops up in my Amazon Kindle suggestions is "Gay Anal Sex" by Michael Alvear. I haven't bought it.

Probably because I've bought a fair number of LGBT oriented books on Amazon.

But I'm more on the top side. So Amazon doesn't know me THAT well.


But a class - that's pretty neat!

Anonymous said...

Oh and speakign of a class - it's straight of course but VERY, VERY funny:

From Monty Python's the Meaning of Life, the Sex Class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVN_c8EwiQ

Unknown said...

Wow. I doubt there was a class when I could have used it - a couple of decades before.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.