Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Vague Review: Sparkle


So, I saw the 'Sparkle' remake and to sum it up... It was cute, safe and entertaining. I'll give you my vague review.
  • Jordan Sparks was cute and she's grown up well.
  • The movie was very crisp and clean, not gritty and street like the original. 
  • The wardrobe was nice, but not era or scene appropriate. Seemed to be off several years.
  • Sister was good, believable and interesting. Her voice was sexy and sweet, which was a plus.
  • However, their voices were not soulful enough for the style of the songs.
  • They changed a lot in this film. In fact, it could've been a whole other movie.
  • Dee was stronger in this version.
  • Whitney was great in the film, it was sad in some parts because it was like she was talking about herself.
  • Some of the performances were a bit much, but Sparkle's performances were good.
  • Some scenes felt out of place.
  • There were some great lines in the film.
  • 'One Wing' is a cute song.
I recommend the film. It didn't 'wow' me, but it was cute and steady. However, I still prefer the original. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one can do Lonette Mckee, she was HOT in the original.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.