Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Am I the only one who's sad about Hoyt?


In this week's True Blood, we saw Hoyt walk away. It was such a sad scene to watch, but I wondered if he's gone for good.

Well, I found this interview with the actor Jim Parrack about his character and what's next:
I think that if it did end this way and Hoyt never came back, it would be good storytelling because it's just a complete journey from somebody who was utterly dependent upon other people, never stuck up for himself, or got to think for himself and then to fall in love and all the betrayal and hardships and him saying, "You know what, I've got to take care of myself." I think it told a whole story."
And...
"The writers have always been so good and so in touch with the actors. What I do like best is I didn't end up stepping on a land mine, or a vampire didn't fall out of a tree and snap my neck or something. It was this progression to this choice being made. The character had experience. He was now going to make a choice and I like that. I like when you see people making choices because change has happened in their life. So I'm glad Hoyt's still alive and I like that it was his choice. He says, 'I'm going to go.'"
I hope he's not gone forever... Hoyt is a dream beau.

source

5 comments:

Damien said...

Team Hoyt

K. Clark said...

I liked Hoyt too (moreso with the longish short hair than the buzz cut, but you know:), but I felt like his character was circling the bowl...what else was there left for him to do if he wasn't with Jessica or friends with Jason?

And you're right, that scene was sad. It was nice to see True Blood pull back the insanity for a minute and expose some real emotion.

www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...

I'll miss Hoyt. His departure was a very touching scene ... particularly for Jason. (Ryan Kwanten is getting to ACT quite a bit this season and doing a great job of it.)

Cubby said...

"Hoyt is a dream beau." You got that right! That man is hot, and that means a lot considering the show is packed with hotties.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Yes, I will miss Hoyt. On the other hand he is still alive so has at least as good a chance of returning as somebody who died - Gran, Tara ...

Too many stories running concurrently on TB. I'm glad they closed Hoyt's out with care and emotion.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.