Friday, August 3, 2012

Check out the Latest LGBT Consumer Report


The latest report from Community Marketing, Inc. is out! For the past 6 years, CMI has looked into our consumer habits and I have some of the results for you to check out:
Gay men and lesbians spend more on new clothing than the average for men and women the highest-spending segment is gay men age 30-44. (I contribute to that) 
27% of gay men indicate smoking at least sometimes and 23% of lesbians smoke sometimes.
Gay men especially 18-29’s tend to drink more spirits compared to other alcohol types. 
82% of lesbians and 91% of gay men own “smartphones,” up 23% from 2011. The most popular smartphone is iPhone (with Android phones quickly gaining ground), and the most popular tablet is iPad.
 Straight men drink 3 times more beer than gay men, but gay men drink 50% more spirits/cocktails than straight men. Lesbians consume similar amounts of alcohol beverages as straight women. 
 49% of gay men under age 30 have a gym membership. 
 Corporate LGBT outreach has a large impact on purchase decisions for gay men for travel related purchases such  as hotels and vacations. Clothing, chain restaurants and  personal care items also stand out. 
There's more here. It's a must read
         

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still love my ale. Not beer - ale! There is a difference. Ale's are sweeter.

I'm not a mixed drink fan. Wine yes - I love wine. But Ale trumps wine.

As to smartphone - yup. Samsung SCH-R910 Android phone - a more pure Android distro too. I'm anxiously awaiting Google jumping into manufacturing with their acquisition of Motorola Mobility. Because you KNOW that will be PURE Android.

Not a big spender on clothing. To me it's purely functional. And when I do wear a suit I note a change in attitudes of people. There's more deference, which I find amusing.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.