Saturday, November 12, 2011

Russell Tovey is leaving 'Being Human'


For the fans of the original 'Being Human', I have some bad news. Russell (cutie ears) Tovey is leaving the famed supernatural series.

He told The Guardian this:

"Well, I've actually left Being Human but no one [outside of the show] knows yet," he says, bursting our bubble. The news will come as a shock to fans, still reeling from Aidan Turner's exit as his character, Mitchell the vampire, was killed off by George in the season three finale. "Aidan's left to film The Hobbit in New Zealand [with Peter Jackson] and going on without him on this fourth series felt strange," says Tovey by way of explanation. 

But for such a huge sci fi-ish hit on both sides of the Atlantic, doesn't having only one of the original cast members left put the show in major jeopardy?
 
"No, with Being Human the story can definitely go on and on," Tovey insists. "Toby [Whithouse, the writer] still runs it and they can do all sorts ... add giants and robots!"
So what will happen to the series?  And Russell? Well, rumor is he's coming to America. He has been seen in LA, so I guess we will see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this guy on a site called GUYS WITH IPHONES.

Ian said...

Wow! I guess Being Human will get cancelled then. I'm sorry but I don't think Annie or Nina are strong enough to carry the show on their own.

Oh well, if Russell does come to LA, gives me more reason to visit y'all. HAHAHA.

WilsonW said...

I agree with you Ian. The show without him is on it's last leg. Looks like he's jumping ship before it sinks. Too bad.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.