Wednesday, November 16, 2011

President Obama appears in the 'Unhate' Campaign


The "Unhate" campaign is an interesting take on peace from the United Colors of Benetton (I used to wear their cologne 'Colors' back in the day).

This campaign features photo-shopped pics of world leaders kissing. But why is this happening?  Alessandro Benetton shares the reason:
But Benetton scion Alessandro Benetton, executive deputy chairman of the group, who unveiled the campaign in Paris on Wednesday before the world media, maintained that images were meant to promote the idea of "unhate" ("which is not as utopian as love") and should not be seen in the physical or sexual context. "The images are very strong, but we have to send a strong message. We are not wanting to be disrespectful of the leaders...we consider them "conception figures" making a statement of brotherhood with a kiss," he said in an interview. Even as he was speaking, the kissing images were being unveiled across the world in New York, Rome, Milan and other cities where Benetton has a strong presence. 
 I think it's interesting, but I wonder what other leaders will think? 


source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why the internet is dangerous. I hear congress in taking a vote on November 16th to Censor the net.
Showing the president kissing a man is out of line I feel.

SteveA said...

I don't like how the theme works - I think a better pic could be used. The idea of world leaders kissing is a bit disprespectful I think.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.