In a focus group in Iowa, the GOP folks had these things to say about the candidates.
- Rick Perry and Herman Cain “are toast in Iowa” – none of the evangelicals in the room had positive thoughts about either.
- Cain’s campaign is nose-diving here because he’s “shallow” and “incompetent.”
- These evangelicals like what Newt Gingrich is saying, but they still don’t trust him yet.
- One reason they’re reconsidering Rick Santorum is his position on the value of life even when the child is conceived in rape or incest.
- Their biggest concern with Ron Paul is about his foreign policy, but also his call for state’s rights on handling social issues.
- They don’t care who U.S. Rep. Steve King endorses, or who the Christian advocacy group Family Leader endorses.