Monday, November 14, 2011

A Doctor Who Film is in the Works


My partner is sooooo excited about this... A Doctor Who movie is coming with a few twists and surprises.

So far, "Harry Potter" director David Yates is working with the BBC on making this a full feature. They are looking for writers from all over and they are taking a few years to put it together. But one of the major twists in this story is continuity. The film won't follow the current series or the storyline.
Yates made clear that his movie adaptation would not follow on from the current TV series, but would take a completely fresh approach to the material.

"Russell T. Davies and then Steven Moffat have done their own transformations, which were fantastic, but we have to put that aside and start from scratch," he said.
Well, I don't know how fans will take that. Other versions of a DW movie were not that successful and if this strays too far from the DW we love and hold dear... Mr. Yates could be in some deep doo doo. I'll keep you posted on the drama.

source

1 comment:

Isaac said...

I would love a Doctor Who movie, but not having it be part of the series worries me. I'm sure it can be done though. I mean, "The Curse of the Fatal Death" is extremely funny.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.