Friday, November 18, 2011

My Review: "Twilight: Breaking Dawn"


I was invited to a screening of "Twilight: Breaking Dawn" last night. Mainly because of my blog and my dislike of the series. The 'group' wanted me to do a review of the movie, just to see if I would actually like it.

I said sure and decided to go for it. So here is my review of the teen vampire drama:
  • The wedding toast was the best part of the 1st 30 minutes.
  • Jacob also took off his shirt in the 1st 4 minutes.
  • Bella is not the girl others girls should look up to. She does everything for Edward and not for herself.
  • Jacob comes off as bi-polar in every scene.
  • The film sent the message that marriage solves everything, even dating demons.
  • I found it interesting that in their vampire history, there has never an incident of a vampire/human baby. What about Blade?
  • The pact the werewolves have with the Cullens is silly.
  • There should be more about 'imprinting' (werewolves finding their mates).
  • Bella seemed to happy about dying throughout the series. Great role model, eh?
  • The love making scene was kind of funny, they actually broke the bed. Vampire cock must be sublime.
  • And speaking of vamp sex, it's also abusive. Apparently, vampires are like Klingons when it comes to sex.


  •  The soundtrack was cute, but it reminded me of Dawson's Creek.
  • The baby idea feels like a mix of the movies 'Grace' and 'It's Alive'.
  • Bill Condon did a great job on this film.
  • While I'm not a fan, it was a good movie.
So it's good, but I like my vamps deadly without sparkles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the baby Jacob's?

EMikeGarcia said...

Funnily enough, I was taken almost against my will to see it this afternoon and I just got home! I was pleasantly surprised, the movie was cute enough. Every point you made was valid, especially about Bella NOT being a good role model.

Dale Who. said...

I like Twilight. I really do. No, Bella's not a good role model, I agree; and I doubt Blade is in Meyer's vampire history... but I think the books and films have been perfectly competent, and every time Emmett Cullen is on screen I turn to mush. Nice film, liked it a lot.

Bob said...

Cannot stand these films. I could not bear to watch more than ten minutes combined before I said, 'Enough.'
I, too, don't want shiny, diamond-encrusted vampires who sulk.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.