Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza are No More


This is sad.

Tiwonge Chimbalanga and Steven Monjeza are no more.

The Nation
reports:
In a dramatic twist to the tale of Malawi’s convicted but pardoned gay lovebirds, the man, Steven Monjeza, has dumped his homosexual 'wife' Tiwonge Chimbalanga to marry a Blantyre-based woman.

Twenty-four-year old Dorothy Gulo on Monday confessed her love for Monjeza whom she described as "a real man capable of doing to women what other men ably do in bed." She was explicit about the issue and said she had nothing to hide.


"I have tried him on two occasions and he proved to me he can live with a woman. I was impressed with him when my curiosity got the better of me and here I am. My only worry is what Chimbalanga would do if he found out," said Gulo, who does nothing for a living.


She said they have been living together for some days after their meeting in Mbayani where she was living with her parents. Gulo said Monjeza complimented her on her looks. Said Gulo: "I did not immediately realise it was Monjeza because I knew his story. I only recognised him after a while. Right now, I am looking forward to a future together. I don't care what people say, because many are talking. I am yet to tell my parents about us."

An excited Monjeza said he no longer wanted to be associated with what he called "gay trash" as he had found real love in Gulo.
Said Monjeza: "We were pardoned but I know the law can bounce back on us if we are not careful. Although I claimed that I still love Tiwo, I did not mean it. I have never had sex with him as was revealed in court. That is why the medical examination failed to establish any anal penetration. I was coerced into the whole thing."

I can't believe this. After all they have been through? How could this happen, why did this happen? Steven, really?

I would love to hear from Tiwonge.

4 comments:

Cubby said...

Could be that he's lying publicly just to stay alive. Perhaps they have a plan to separately leave the country then reunite.

Wonder Man said...

I hope that's true, I really do.

SteveA said...

I think it's a ploy to save their lives. After what they have been through it does not make sense what is happening here!

Damien said...

It's called "fear for their lives"

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.