Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Official... Friendly's is Trying to Kill you

When I lived in Ithaca, NY, we would often eat at Friendly's on my cheat days.

The food was cute and the shakes were the bomb, it was a nice place. But now, they are trying to kill America.

Look at this! The Grilled Cheese BurgerMelt!

The buns are 2 grilled cheese sandwiches! Okay, it may look good but here's the heartbreaker:
1500 calories (870 of those from fat); 79g of saturated fat; and a whopping 2090mg of sodium (trouncing the Double Down, which weighs in at a paltry 1380mg of salt).

I would have to watch the 3 seasons of She-Ra on the treadmill knock that off! Great Hera, Friendly's!

6 comments:

Bob said...

I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that!

Cubby said...

You come up with the best headlines.

Prince Todd said...

Now see...
That's how people wind up on the Discovery Health channel being hauled into a weight loss facility...

Robert said...

Who would eat that?,.......wait oh thats right ..Americans! I am new to this blog but you are hilarious. The power of Hera, Zeus, and Apollo would need to intervene on my behalf to get rid of the lbs after eating such a creature.

Ian said...

And I thought the stacker sandwich KFC had was a heart attack in a wrapper! Huh.

Kyle Leach said...

Looks deceptively delicious and awfully dangerous at the same time V.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.