Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is this the X-Men: First Class' Emma Frost?


I think we may have our Emma Frost.
Deadline reports:
Alice Eve is now in negotiations to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, the 20th Century Fox prequel that Matthew Vaughn will direct. Her power in the mutant universe is telepathy, and she was voted Hottest Comic Book Babe of 2005 in one poll. She started out as an X-Men nemesis and became an ally. Eve joins James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, previously set as lead mutants Xavier and Magneto. Also in the Marvel pantheon, Tommy Lee Jones has been confirmed to play Colonel Phillips in Captain America: The First Avenger, the Joe Johnston-directed Marvel Studios film that Paramount will distribute.
Not sure why Emma is in the movie. But I guess since Fox has screwed up the X-Men continuum, why not keep it going.

3 comments:

Mr. Hellfire said...

I firmly believe her inclusion in the movie is just to guarantee that they will get my $9 (it worked last time with Wolverine Origins, a movie I had no intention of seeing until I heard there was an Emma Frost cameo).

Also, I love how this: "Her power in the mutant universe is telepathy, and she was voted Hottest Comic Book Babe of 2005 in one poll," is supposed to be relevant in explaining who she is. Should we also mention her boobs are fake?

Unknown said...

Well, I'm looking forward to see Emma done right! Done British, yay!

WilsonW said...

They should've rebooted. I think they'll use Emma as the vehicle for an alternative/evil school like they did with the New Mutants. To be honest I'd almost rather see the Hellfire Club or something rather than Magneto again and again and again. You too Lex Luthor!!!!!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.