Monday, June 7, 2010

The Goonies are 25!


25 years ago, we were blessed with seven kids trying to save their homes by finding pirates' treasure and going through a crazy adventure.

You know what I'm talking about, The Goonies!

The movie turns 25 today and Empire magazine has gathered the cast for a quick updated pic.
I remember wanting to be a Goonie and dreamed of fooling around with Brandon "Brand" Walsh... swoon.
This movie probably struck an adventure cord in all of us. I know when I saw this film in theater, I was ready to explore something. Too bad it was a bunch of old homes out in the boonies of my hometown.

Anywho, my love for this movie still lives and stories like this are greatly missed on screen.

**************
As a bonus for you, here is the missing Octopus scene from the movie. Oh, I would have loved to have seen this in the film.

Happy 25th, Goonies

2 comments:

David Dust said...

You know, I've never actually seen The Goonies. In 1985 I was busy graduating from high school and heading to college - and I never got around to seeing it.

And somehow I've managed to miss it on cable for the past 25 years also. Weird.

XOXOXOXOXO

WilsonW said...

Goonies, Monster Squad, Stand By Me, all great flicks about childhood friendship, coming of age and comradre. Have there been any great movies in this direction lately. I think kids could stand to see groups of kids outside exploring and having adventures without the use of a computer or hand held device.

But I wonder if any kids tried to, would their parents let them? I mean those kids didn't wear safety helmets and kneepads when they rode their bikes. In my day a skinned up knee was a badge of honor!! Now it's a sign of bad parenting.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.