Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers' Day in Buffalo, NY


This weekend, I took a trip to Buffalo, NY to see my family for Mothers' Day. It was a hoot and I had a great time.

It was weird to see my youngest sisters, La Brea and Brittney in their middle 20s with families of their own. I was quickly reminded that I was old.

Anywho, I'll give y'all the run-down of the weekend.
  • I decided to surprised my mama. She had no idea I was coming and only my sisters knew.
  • When we went to her apartment, she was very happy to see me. And I was so glad to see her, it's been a while since I've been in Buffalo.
  • My sisters and I are the same. We are obsessed with Intervention and Cheaters, and we are naturally morbid. I hope my nieces and nephew don't follow in our footsteps.
  • My mama loves fashion and wigs, I love her, but her love for these wigs are too much for me.
  • Over the years, she has accepted the simpler things in life. When I asked her where she wanted to go for dinner, she said Outback or KFC.
  • My mama is still vain, but that's natural in my family.
  • The kids are loud! Especially, my nephew Josh.
  • It was COLD in Buffalo! It's May for Hera's sake! I almost bought a jacket.
  • At 58, my mama still has it.
  • Instead of going out, we ordered a lot of BBQ and had dinner at my sister, La Brea's house.
  • My cousin and her girlfriend joined us. It was good to see another gay family member in the house.
  • Since I was in Buffalo, I had to have some Buffalo wings. So I made the long drive to La Nova's! Love their wings!
  • And because of the wings spree, I spent a good amount of time at my hotel's gym.
So that's it, my Mothers' Day trip in Buffalo was a blast. Next time, my partner will have the 'pleasure' of meeting my crazy family.

5 comments:

Damien said...

That first photo of you and your mama is lovely.

You look so handsome in that shot :)

pamplona said...

beautiful family and cool blog, i try and check it daily, peace

Ian said...

Awwww V. You are a great son! What a wonderful surprise for your mum. And you have a beautiful family. Y'all are truly blessed man.

I know that's right about it being cold...the last few days here have been rather frigid for May. We're hoping the Summer returns soon. You shoulda bought that jacket. LOL

Unknown said...

Beautiful family. And you favor your mom.
speaking of wigs, have you seen the movie Good Hair?

Wonder Man said...

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning to

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.