Thursday, December 11, 2014

In North Carolina: Church Members attacked a young man because he's Gay

Five members of The Word of Faith Fellowship beat and strangled Matthew Fenner because he's gay.

CBS 7 news reports:

"I honestly thought I was going to die," said Matthew Fenner.

He says several church members beat and strangled him because he's gay.

"My head was like being flung back, my vision was going brown and black," said Fenner. "I couldn't breathe and I'm sitting here thinking if I don't get out of this, i'm probably going to die."

That 2013 incident has now led to the indictments of five church members: Sarah Covington Anderson, Adam Christopher Bartley, Brooke McFadden Covington, Justin Brock Covington and Robert Louis Walker Jr. Each face simple assault and kidnapping charges. Anderson also faces an additional charge of assault by strangulation. The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office released the information Tuesday afternoon.


WATCH
WSPA.com

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.