Thursday, October 2, 2014

Is Nick Jonas Gay Baiting us?


Recently, Nick Jonas has been courting the gay community with sexy pics and appearances at gay clubs to promote his new album and a series.

While many folks are enjoying his 'skills', some feel like he's just gay baiting the community.  In PrideSource, Nick addresses this issue.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I think it's unfortunate that some people have to find a negative in every situation. Clearly my heart is in the right place, and more than anything, if they just looked at my life and my gay friends and the authentic nature of where my heart is, they'd just see that they're kind of ignorant.

The nature of where we are today is, we're in a time where we need to make strides and step forward as a society and embrace all people from all different walks of life. When you're trying to make a bold statement like that, some people aren't gonna fall in line with that. And that's OK. You gotta stay on your own path.
Okay, however, if he really want my attention, I would like to see him march in a gay pride parade, support some LGBT causes and speak on the injustices we face.

If he wants the real gay support, he should try to reach us on a non-stereotypical area.

Oh, and if you're curious about the sexy pics, they are here after the jump










6 comments:

Wonder Man said...

My cursor sucks...
Bob Slatten has left a new comment on your post "Is Nick Jonas Gay Baiting us?":

He's doing this for business, to make money and he'll use whatever it takes--even grabbing his own crotch--to make that money.

reggie said...

I think that new MMA drama series he's on has a gay story line in it and he's supposed to be nude in a few scenes.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a peek at dat ass.

BloggerJoe said...

I'm left wondering if maybe he's closeted?

Ian said...

Like BloggerJoe, I wondered too if Nick was in the closet. But in the end, he's doing what every celebrity does, use the mass appeal to line there pockets. It's nothing new.

Fit studs said...

I love this guy. He's talented & hot at the same time. Used to love his music before, as in Jonas Brothers but now, his solo effort as well. :) And all the freshly released shirtless pictures, with big biceps... Oh myyy!

Unknown said...

I agree with you, Vik. I believe he is pandering to the mass gay audience. If he really wanted to show he was an ally, then why not support some rallies and other causes that affect gay men, and not just their sexual appetite.

I'm not here for it, but if that's what he has to do for business, more power to him, but I pays no mind to him or his antics and tactics

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.