Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Piece of My Childhood: Miss Sarah's Shop


This is pic brings back so many memories.

This was Miss Sarah store. When I was a kid, this was the main candy, pop and ice cream store. We used to scrape up our nickels and dimes, run up to the store window and get our candy. Miss Sarah would put our candy in small paper bags and we would be set for the rest of the day.

She had a goldmine of candy and treats, I can't tell you how this place was such a big deal. So, to see the store like this is a little heartbreaking. I know that small businesses don't last forever, but it's hard to think otherwise.

I hate to see it like this, but the memories keeps it tact for me. The days of carefree worries, hot summer days and no worries.

This store holds a special place in my heart, and regardless of what it looks like now it's still a wonderful store to get candy.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.