Sunday, October 19, 2014

Interesting Quote: Cody Freeman



Feeling alone in a big city, walking from building to building without making a connection, I desperately wanted to meet like-minded individuals, but I found myself resorting to these apps to do that.

But instead of advancing the gay agenda of inclusion, I found the apps to perpetuate what people scorn about LGBT: promiscuity, impersonal behavior, and sexually motivated conversations. This is not the fault of the LGBT community, but these depersonalized conversations are what lead to depersonalized relationships. When an introduction to gay culture is through a sex-based app, it perpetuates the sex-based stereotype.

This is from a good article in TIME, check it out

1 comment:

R.J. said...

I agree with the author. Places like Grindr do nothing but reinforce the stereotype that gay men are not only looking for just one thing, but do so aggressively.

While that may be fine for some individuals, it's the kind of thing that makes me want to slam my head against the wall. Not everyone is like that!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.