Thursday, October 30, 2014

Apple's CEO Tim Cook officially comes out


In an op-ed in Bloomberg Businessweek, Tim writes about being gay and how the world continues to change.

He wrote:
For years, I’ve been open with many people about my sexual orientation. Plenty of colleagues at Apple know I’m gay, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the way they treat me. Of course, I’ve had the good fortune to work at a company that loves creativity and innovation and knows it can only flourish when you embrace people’s differences. Not everyone is so lucky.

While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven’t publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.
Tim is a very powerful person. His role can inspire others to follow suit and perhaps live fantastic lives. I appreciated this op-ed and encourage y'all to check it out.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.