Thursday, November 29, 2012

What's Going on with Me


So here's an update on what's going on with me.
  • I'm taken steps to change my future... meaning, I've applied for jobs in the entertainment world. I know I will have to start from scratch, but it is what it is. Actually, I'm excited about it.
  • Bent-Con is this weekend and it will be amazing to see all LGBT creative geeks under one space.
  • I'm thinking about cutting my hair shorter, maybe shoulder length?
  • I'm always amazed at some people's need to feel important.
  • Still working on my Graphic Novel. I had to convert the original script into a comic book version. It's a very detailed process, but fun to say the least.
  • Losing weight seems to be the monkey on my back.
  • I am very fortunate to have enough readers to keep this blog going. Many blogs have come and gone, but y'all have kept this one alive... Thank you.
  • I realized that some of you are going through some tough times. Please stay strong and stay true.
  • I have to wear ties at work now... I truly hate it!

9 comments:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

My blogger brother: I appreciate your aversion to ties; I hate having to wear clothes at work, period.:) Best wishes as you (hopefully) embark on a new career!

K. Clark said...

Thanks for the update; what sorts of entertainment jobs are you looking into?

behrmark said...

Face it V, if it wasn't an outstanding blog we wouldn't continue to visit! I wear ties to work too so I know your pain.
BEHR HUGS!

Anonymous said...

The part about ties - I've willfully avoided any career or job where I had to wear one.

C.George said...

Thanks for the update! I think I need to do one too.
I agree with Behrmark. Obviously I've been visiting your blog for some time now because it's informative and funny and entertaining and thought-provoking, etc..
I'm there with you on the weight loss, but since I got from Paris, where every one is smaller than me, and all the food portions are small, even the thought of the portions I used to eat turn me off.

I wish ties were a requirementat my job. Past jobs required ties, and I have about 200 of them basically collecting dust.

Anonymous said...

I understand your aversion to wearing ties. I've only had to wear one once within the past seven years, and that was to interview for the position I have now. It makes me thankful I can wear shorts and a t-shirt on most days.

Good luck with the job search!

Damien said...

Standing with you Sir.

Ken Riches said...

Good luck with the job search, I can tell you that change is positive.

Unknown said...

Much love and luck to you

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.