Saturday, November 17, 2012

Interesting Quote: Meghan McCain


I’ve spent most of my adult life fighting for change from inside the Republican Party. We Republicans need to look at the future instead of living in the past. We have to learn from what the last two presidential elections have taught us. We must accept each other and the different opinions within the party instead of trying to cannibalize people that diverge from an arbitrary purity test. I refuse to let the extremists win. We can’t let the Tea Party bully us any longer. We can’t keep worrying about ultraconservative white male voters. At the end of the day, I still believe I’m on the right side of history, and we can’t let this party sink away. We can and we must evolve. I don’t know exactly how yet, but I for one am ready to spend the next four years helping us get there.

source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Tits gets it. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

So this is what repeatedly slamming your head against a brick wall looks like. If she's smart, she'd spearhead a third party for moderates and middle of the road Democrats. Trying to change people set in their habits is an exercise in futility.

Anonymous said...

She's sort of right but the establishment as it exists isn't going to let her have a voice.

The Republican party in general made a lot of deals with the devil and now it's time to pay the piper, with a good forty years in the desert. I'm thinking St. Jerome in the Wilderness here.

Stan said...

Sorry She lost me when she still foolishly endorsed Mitt Romney. Anyone of sound mind couldn't have done that. Dry up and float away!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.