I just saw 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' the other night. This movie is amazing! It pushed so many buttons and I welcomed every one of these sensations.
Here is some insight about this movie: It follows Eva, a mother who's dealing with her son's (Kevin) murder spree in their little town. Eva always saw the signs of Kevin's darkness, but never knew it will haunt her for the rest of her life.
Here's my vague review:
- The films takes through the different times of Eva's life. She was a free spirit before she settled down and got married.
- Tilda Swinton was superb. As Eva, you could feel her pain and see her struggle with being a mother. She is a true actress.
- The themes in the films are perfect. Guilt, Love, Sadness, Regret.
- Watching Kevin's darkness as a kid was captivating. Especially, in the 'ball rolling' scene.
- The movie trimmed a lot from the book, but it was still a solid story.
- They kept flashing scenes from Kevin's court case. I wish they had more scenes with that .
- Watching Eva restart her life after Kevin's murder spree was gut wrenching.
- Ezra Miller is so gooood as Kevin. His look and voice was perfectly dark. This was a great casting.
- When he revealed why he murdered his classmates, I though it was a great way to sum up his character.
- The music choices were odd, but it fit the film.