Tuesday, April 15, 2008

E=MC2+new body=MESS


For those who care (and I do a little bit) I just heard Mariah's new CD and I didn't like it. The songs just didn't connect with me. It was like she was trying to be the girl from around the way. Mariah, honey, you're 38, if you're still around the way, then you're going nowhere(just like this CD).

I was hoping to be surprised like before. When Mimi dropped a few years ago, I was happy to see her back on track. But instead, I was gutted by the mess I was listening to. I don't know why she released this CD, it's not ready. It needed more time to simmer, I guess.

Honestly, I want the old Mariah back. I want the deeper songs and the strong voice to follow. We lost that after Butterfly and gain some it back in Mimi. I was hoping for a full circle turn of her work... so much for hoping. I guess I have to turn to her real rival, Leona Lewis (btw Madonna is not a real rival) for new visions.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Isn't she on American Idol on Wednesday?

Wonder Man said...

yes, I think I may watch it

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.