Monday, October 14, 2013

My Mad, Mad, Mad Dating World


The dating world is a strange place.

I'm continuing to learn a lot about guys that runs the gamut from interesting, sad to amazing.

Today in my crazy world, I was trying to see if these two guys were possibles. One is a teacher who's tatted up, but has a heart of gold. The other guy is a dreamer and highly creative chap like me.

The teacher fits more of my ideal type and the dreamer connects with my creative energy, but at the end of the day, neither of them gave me that spark. The teacher has somewhat given up and just wants friends. Relationships have worn him down, so he's only focusing on friendships. The dreamer, well, there's no romantic connection.

I tried. I've kissed him, hung out on a few dates, but nothing gave me that 'feeling'. What's the feeling? Well, it's that spark of thoughts where you see yourself dating, going on road trips, taking FB pics and being sexual. Nope, I didn't get those vapors. I got more of a friendship vibe. It was truly clear this past Saturday night that being friends was the way to go.

But then, this happened. A guy I briefly talked to a month ago, popped up again. We re-connected on Friday night. We had a good convo, which continued the next day. On Saturday night, we talked on the phone for 5 hours straight. I haven't did anything like that since High School. We decided to hang out on Monday, but on Sunday, decided to meet that night.

So, on Sunday night, we hung out and had a really good first date... Great actually. It was that kind of a date that lingered on, in a good way. We drove around, talking about Carrie, Buffy, and horror movies. It was a great night.

We decided to meet up this week for another date. I'm very excited about him, which makes me a little nervous. So far, he fits my likes and style... and he's a great kisser. I guess, we will see how this will go, but I have to say... He's winning right now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine dating again. I've been coupled up so long it's completely foreign to me. Plus I have no desire to stray so that helps.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Hope things continue to go well with this new guy.

behrmark said...

Don't overthink it. Just go with it. Let what happens happen. And I hope that the spark ignites for both of you.

BloggerJoe said...

what behrmark said, but also don't rush it. fingers crossed for you.

Immanuel said...

Follow Behrmark's advice. Just take it day by day and don't stress. Wht is meant to happen will. In the meantime just enjoy.

apitt said...

Exactly.

Musique's Poetry said...

Don't Rush it. Take your time

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.