Thursday, June 7, 2012

Why I'm not excited about the Wonder Woman screenwriter


This week, we learned there's a screenwriter for Wonder Woman... and that writer was the one that gave us the mess known as Green Lantern.

The GL flick was considered a lackluster film that was 'okay' at best. The media and geeks panned it and the film was flat out on the street with weeks. So with that track record, you would think the particular writer would be on hold for any major projects, right?

No, Michael Goldenberg was given the responsibility of putting WW on the screen.

This info hurts, y'all, it really does.

WB/DC Entertainment really need to think about this. The Avengers is kicking ass and scaring other studios to rethink their films and release dates. If you want something on that level, you need to get someone either on or close to that level.

The Avengers or Green Lantern. Think about it... it's no contest.

With the fallout of GL, WB/DC Entertainment is taking a huge risk on using the same folks. I know, I'm really making a lot of assumptions; but this is a big deal. Plus with the string of WW failures, I'd hoped that DC would find someone with the power and skill to bring Diana to the screen. Michael is good, but I'm not convinced he is the best choice.

He's like the 3rd place trophy in a box of 1st placed ribbons. I want a blue ribbon writer for Wonder Woman!

1 comment:

Damien said...

OK - here's my two cents worth - I actually liked Green Lantern...

BUT...........

Yes - the writing was not exactly what I was hoping for......

I am on the fence with this...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.