Friday, June 29, 2012

My Review: Magic Mike


I just saw Magic Mike and y'all... It's hot! But not just hot, it's fun and there's message in all that stripping.

This is the little movie that could and it truly exceeded my expectations. So let me hit y'all up with my review, bullet style of course.
  •  The movie is very stylish and quick on its feet.
  • Channing Tatum... My f-ing God, he is so hot to watch! His dancing was amazing. I could watch him dance for hours.
  • This movie put DWPs (Dirty White Boys) back on the map.
  • Matt Bomer was adorable.
  • Matthew McConaughey looks good in leather pants.
  • The story was easy to follow and pretty good.
  • Channing was very good as Mike, there was some depth to him.
  • Alex Pettyfer had a scene that got me very, um, caught up. He has nice moves.
  • The first 15 minutes sold the movie.
  • Joe Manganiello showed us why he was called Big Dick Richie.
  • Steven Soderbergh did a great job with the look and feel of the film.
  • Kathy Griffin was in the audience and she stripped for us.
  • Again Channing was so hot.
If you want a good time and "flap" material, go see this film.

3 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

I'm hearing awesome things about this film.

Dan O. said...

Good review. I had a great time with this flick because I loved the style that Soderbergh gave off, the energy that he had with the stripping scenes, and the story that actually took me. Also, the performances weren't too shabby, either.

BosGuy said...

Maybe I'll have to see this one then.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.