Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who Asked For This: 'The Bodyguard' Remake

Oh Hollywood... Oh!

For some reason, they want to remake The Bodyguard. Christina! Bring me the Ax!
Warner Bros is rebooting its 1992 hit The Bodyguard, the film that paired Kevin Costner with Whitney Houston and became for its time one of the biggest global hits in studio history with a $411 million worldwide gross.


The film will be scripted by Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer, whose action comedy script Family Getaway made the 2010 Black List and is a priority project at Warner Bros. Dan Lin will produce through his Lin Pictures banner, and Mark Bauch is co-producer.
Why? Nobody wants to see this. Why?

6 comments:

Damien said...

Is there not ONE single original idea left in Hollywood??

ATHENA HELP THEM !!!!

Ian said...

Hmm. I'm curious to see who they would chose to star in it? But I tend agree, is Hollywood that desperate?

WilsonW said...

Ok, it's sad yes. Hollywood sucks and is unoriginal, yes.

But now Vic I am dieing to see your casting lists for this movie. The Whitney role, her evil jealous sister and the Kevin Costner role. Come on I want to see how a real diva would cast this movie!! Give it to me!!! ;)

Wonder Man said...

MK, I would cast Rihanna as the lead. Maybe Chris Pine as "Fletcher" Megan Good as the jealous sister

Anonymous said...

I liked this movies, Whitney and Kevin made a nice couple.

Unknown said...

Interesting! I'm always down for Chris Pine!! On Wendy she said people were suggesting GaGa for the Whitney role, which did not go over well. Then she suggested Beyonce. Which the crowd seemed to like. I forget who she said for Kevin Costner's role. Be interesting to see how it goes down! Haha!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.