Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Stain and Shame of Gay Fantasy, Dante's Cove, Returns to TV


You know...this show proves how unimaginative gay folks can be. I mean, there is Heroes, Buffy, BSG, Dr. Who, Torchwood and True Blood (which is directed by a gay man) and what do we have...some goddamn Dante's Cove.

The show that should have died after the 1st episode, will actually be back for a 4th season.

A F**king 4th Season! Who is so excited about this piece of CRAP! It's CRAP, there are better softcore flicks on Cinemax than this!

The only good thing about this is the hour-long series will drop to a half-hour stool pool. However I'm sure if will fill like a slow death. Lord, I remember renting this mess and thinking...Am I high?

Gay men, we are better than this and we deserve better fantasy/horror/erotica. This show is a joke, the ultimate joke!

No respectful gay geek would admit to watching this...piece of Zebra Sh**! But if you do, I will forgive you.

9 comments:

Ian said...

I absolutely hate this show! I read somewhere on the web they're not planning on doing a second season of The DL Chronicles? Why?

No offense to anyone, but I really want to see more people who look like me on TV. Black gays and lesbians have zero visibility unless we start demanding for it. Isn't there some out celebrity with enough clout, status, and money to start up a network for folks of color??? Featuring programs our target audience?

So much for equality.

KAOS said...

LOL... I think you miss the point. I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously. It's the kinda show you watch with friends and lots of liqour, to gaze upon naked male flesh and shriek with laughter at the excruiating dialogue and acting...

And it's not as bad as The Lair. Yikes!

Wonder Man said...

I know it's a fluff show, it just sucks so bad. It mocks what little fantasy/Sci-Fi/Horror we have. And it's insulting to humanity. and don't get me started with The Lair.

Anonymous said...

What's so bad is that it actually has a lot of good actors in it. Stop laughing. I'm not talking about Reichen, but Charlie David is relatively good and Jensen Atwood, Jill Bennett and the girl from QAF whose name I can't remember deserve more than this.

And as long as shirts come off this show will be on for years to come. Sorry!

Eric Arvin said...

I was actually sent the first three seasons by my comic book publisher. They wanted me to get started on a comic book adaptation. I had never seen itbefore and was interested. I watched the entire thing and...OMG!! I don't even know what to say. The best thing about the show was the scene at tvery beginning where the very well hung butler is pounding into the show's villain (a horrible villain at that).

KAOS said...

Actuaally what bugs me about Dante's Cove is that it continues and Noah's Arc was stopped in its tracks.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I ignore shit like that... Hoping it will just go away....

Alex said...

Torchwood is sexier, and it doesn't even show the sex.

Wonder Man said...

I hate this show and I agree, Torchwood is sexier

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.