Friday, December 20, 2013

Phil Robertson on Black People


This is what he said about Black people during the in Pre-Civil-Rights-Era Louisiana
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
So we were happy as non-equals? Thanks, Phil.

source

3 comments:

Bob said...

I guess as long as the Black people are singing they don't have a care in the world?

What an ass.

Anonymous said...

Self righteous and dumb.

Anonymous said...

I suppose in his mind everyone was minding their own business while singing, "Zip dee doo dah..."

What a tool.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.