Wednesday, December 4, 2013

7 Reasons I'm NOT feeling Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

Me, when I heard the news

These are my feelings right now. They could change, but this news about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman has angered me.

Why? Well, I will list them for you instead of writing a long ass rant, but consider this list as a long ass rant.
  1. When they were looking for actors for Batman and Superman. They did a serious search and looked for accomplished actors. They didn't even try with this one.
  2. While she may look the part, it seems that 'The Look' was the main goal of the casting. Can she act or convince you she's the Amazing Amazon? I don't know.
  3. We have had Oscar winners and nominees as Catwoman, Storm, Rogue, Lois Lane, Katness, Mystique and Black Widow. What happened?
  4. Her list of work don't amount to much or enough to win the role of Diana.
  5. Wonder Woman is an iconic role. The actress should have been someone to reflect that. Gal, bless her heart... Hera, help me.
  6. To cast a model in this role speaks in volumes. I mean, would they cast an Andrew Christian model as Superman or Batman... No?
  7. This casting seem to be for 'boys' and not for or about the story or the character.
I realize I'm being closed minded about this, but y'all know how I'm a BIG fan of Diana. I just thought they would find an accomplished actress for the part.

Oh well, I guess we will see how this goes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're being very reasonable here. I have no idea who she is, and it does feel like she's here as an afterthought.

At least they didn't give it to Megan Fox!

Anonymous said...

I do not like Nene. Her "sapphire" antics are no longer entertaining (if they ever were).

Unknown said...

You are not being closed minded. I agree with all your bullet points. Although she's pretty, I want to add that she looks too skinny for the iconic role of Wonder Woman.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes picking someone who doesn't look the part fits the part. Remember Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Sarah wasn't suppose to play Buffy.

dabigdikdangler said...

Buffy wasn't someone you'd had a mental picture of all your life like Wonder Woman. Any way you slice it Gal Gadot was the wrong choice for the role. I feel like the movie's producers are trolling us for kicks and publicity.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.