Tuesday, September 11, 2012

College Football Player kicked off Team for kissing his Boyfriend, he claimed to be his Grandpa


This story is 'special' and borderline odd. Freshman linebacker Jamie Kuntz from North Dakota State College of Science was allegedly kicked off the team for kissing his boyfriend in the press box.

Now before we get all activist-ly, here are some interesting pieces of the story from The Slog:
Kuntz denied kissing the man with him in the press box and he denied being gay. Kuntz was on Twitter for most of the bus ride back to Wapheton. He sent some tweets that alarmed his roommate—Kuntz hinted at being suicidal—and the police were called. After the police determined that he was not a suicide risk, Kuntz sent his coach a text message saying that he was gay and that he had kissed the man who was with him in the press box. Kuntz also apologized to his coach for lying.


But that's not all, this boyfriend is 65 years-old, Jamie is only 18.
“When my coach pulled me off the bus that night and asked me who that was with me in the press box,” Kuntz says, “I said, ‘Oh, that was my grandpa up there with me. I wasn't kissing my grandpa, I don’t know what you’re talking about.’”

Kuntz says that he has always been attracted to older men. Kuntz was 18 when he met his boyfriend online and Kuntz says he was the aggressor.

“I definitely pursued him," says Kuntz. "He’s a great guy. I love him."
You know... I'm not trying to be mean, but this is not cute. Jamie is reckless, aloof and pretty much a teenager, so I expect foolishness from him. But I have to ask, why is this 65 year-old with this kid? Jamie is barely a man and this guy... I can't, I just can't!

To be real, this story is not winning me over. But I would love to hear from y'all. Please give me your view on this story. 

2 comments:

Bob said...

A sixty-five year old man has no reason to be with a high school boy.
Plain and simple.

Anonymous said...

Just because we don't like/understand the relationship doesn't mean the Coach/College is guilty and wrong to kick him off the team for being gay. Would they have kicked him off if it were a 65 year old woman?

Now if he violated some rule about fraternizing (which isn't claimed) then that would be fair.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.