Friday, September 28, 2012

Interesting Quote: Kaldrick King


“I was raised to be tough, to not take anything from anyone. It’s a lonely way to walk through this world. I spent my whole life trying to impress you, trying to please you. All it did was make me hate you, hate myself.

“And when I finally found someone that I thought I could love and love me back, it made me hurt them. Hurt them so they can never be unhurt. I tore that love apart, and myself apart with it.

“I have wanted to die because I could not be who I wanted to be. Because I could not be who you wanted me to be. But I couldn’t die, anymore than I could live. I’m tired of being here, in this place that feels like nowhere. I’m tired of caring what people think about me. I’m tired of being afraid.

“I’ve met someone that makes me want to breathe in this world again, and I would not hold my breath a second longer. None of these lies I told made me stronger. None of the secrets I kept made me happier. So I’m gonna try something else now. I’m gonna try telling the truth. My truth.

“My name is Sean Duggan. AKA Kaldrick King. AKA The King of California. I’m gay.”

He was a character on the CW series, L.A. Complex

1 comment:

K. Clark said...

Loved that whole sequence.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.