Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WATCH: Brett Ratner say “Rehearsal's for fags.” UPDATE He's OUT of the Oscars!

UPDATE!
Because of his foolishness, Brett has been kicked to the curb.
Director Brett Ratner is out as Oscar producer, a source close to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences tells The Hollywood Reporter. The source says a decision has been made and the Academy will make an announcement shortly.


Calls to the Academy were not returned.


Ratner had been named as the producer of the 2012 Academy Awards show, but he has been under fire for making a series of ill-judged remarks in recent days, including saying "rehearsal is for fags" and discussing his sex life with Howard Stern.


You can start at the 2:40 mark

That didn't set well folks, so he released this apology:
“I apologize for any offense my remarks caused. It was a dumb way of expressing myself. Everyone who knows me knows that I don’t have a prejudiced bone in my body. But as a storyteller I should have been much more thoughtful about the power of language and my choice of words.”
This could hurt him as the producer of this year’s Oscars. Only time will tell.

source

7 comments:

Bob said...

I am so tired to those folks who use the word 'fag' and then say it's isn't in them to use that word.

Uh, yeah, it is.

Unknown said...

It doesn't bother me so much what he said, but more that his apology is conditional. In saying I apologize for any offense my remarks caused, Radner is not actually admitting wrongdoing. He's only admitting an error on his part should you be offended, not that what he said was universally offensive.

Jamie Paisley said...

I'm also still waiting for him to apologize for X-Men 3.

Unknown said...

The inconsistency in his work, makes me think he's just coked out of his mind. I'm already pissed at him for his out of pocket remarks about Olivia Munn. Ratner sucks!

Anonymous said...

That was fucking quick,the gays don't play.

Anonymous said...

Why did Eddie Murphy bow out?

Jamie Paisley said...

Eddie Murphy bowed out because two rich old white guys bet a dollar that Dan Ackroyd can host, just to see if he can or not.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.