Monday, October 3, 2011

Hugh Jackman talks about 'The Wolverine' Script


With Darren Aronofsky no longer on the Wolverine flick, many of us were scared that we would get another sad X-Men movie. But, Hugh Jackman believes we will get a great film:

“We had a script that was under Darren Aronofsky’s directorial—it’s 85 percent the same.  Darren took it in a Darren Aronofsky way and it’s a version I know fans would have liked to have seen – I would have loved to have seen it.  James Mangold’s version of the script brought Mark Bomback on. We always had a strong base there.  This is the best script we have had, which is precisely why Darren signed on. 

I tried to get Darren to do X3 and Wolverine and he was always like, ‘It’s not really for me.’ I knew he was looking for a comic book movie and he read this one and he goes, ‘Hey, this is the best one I’ve ever read.’  So there is a lot of meat on the bone there.  Now, Mark and Jim have taken it and I think that it as strong, if not stronger, than what we would have had with Darren.”
Good, keep as much 'Darren' on this movie as possible. We need a good mutant flick.

source

3 comments:

Unknown said...

man, i don't know what to think. I just LOVE Hugh... but nearly every movie in that franchise was awful. Do I believe in science... or believe in love.

Mind Of Mine said...

The first Wolverine movie sucked, I just think he is not the most interesting character from the X-Men movie franchise. So I really don't care.

I want a Storm movie!

Anonymous said...

Don't fuck it up!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.