Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gareth Thomas Retires


Gareth released word that he is retiring from rugby:
Wales dual-code international rugby player Gareth Thomas announces his retirement from all forms of rugby with immediate effect.


Emanuele Palladino from Thomas’ management company Distinct comments:


“We can confirm that Gareth Thomas is officially retiring from both international and club rugby with immediate effect. This marks the end of what has been a remarkable career for a remarkable person. Gareth hopes that through his achievements both on and off the field he has left a lasting legacy within the game.”


Gareth Thomas comments:


“I have listened and discussed this decision with many of my family and close friends. My mind has told me that the time to retire is now. If you can't give 100 percent to rugby then you can't do it justice. This is a sad day, but I know that my time has come to an end as a player. My passion for the amazing game will never end or leave me however.”


“I do not know what lies ahead, but I feel the challenge of something different excites me more than another year of rugby.”


“I would like to thank everyone I have been involved with in the sport. I could not have achieved it without any of them. I have great memories and great friends that I will keep for the rest of my life. I leave knowing I have done everything in my power to be the best person and player I could have ever been. And finally, I thank my parents for all their support and help throughout my career.”
Good luck, Gareth.

source

2 comments:

Stan said...

At age 37 I guess enough is enough. I wish him all the best and thank him for his unbelievable courage.

Anonymous said...

Loose lips sinks ships............I'm just sayin.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.