Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Video: Marsha Ambrosius – Far Away

Marsha (some may remember her from Floetry) wrote this song in response to LGBT bullying and suicide. I'm glad to see her speak out about this issue.

Here's what she had to say:

"Dear friends, every year over 1 million people commit SUICIDE. Some were BULLIED because of their SEXUALITY. I lost a friend to SUICIDE, and I'm asking all of you to support alternative lifestyles," Marsha states. "Don't put up with or join in with BULLYING. It's time we become more aware in this WORLD. Take a responsibility to make a difference. So if my MUSIC can save one life, I've done my job."



source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

powerful truth.

Kyle Leach said...

Very strong, very powerful.

WilsonW said...

Wow!!!! That was just....damn! So beautiful and powerful. I was a fan before, but she is even more my GURL now! Gorgeous!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.