Monday, January 10, 2011

My Top 6 Classic Cartoon Movies

Growing up back in the day, we were lucky to have a high number of cartoon movies. Some were good and some were rough, but at the end of the day, they were fun to watch.

So I present to y'all my top 6 Cartoon Movies

Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer


Transformers the Movie - this is the only Transformer movie to me


Heavy Metal


Secret of NIMH - I cried a lot watching this


G.I. Joe the Movie - Again, the only 'Joe' movie for me


The Secret of Sword

4 comments:

Prince Todd said...

The reason why I love this blog! YAAAAAAAAS!

NG said...

I grew up during the 60's so all I had in my day was the Hanna Barbera and Warner Bros stuff, live action shows that were often hosted by Chuck McCann, Officer Joe. There was Gigantor and another show Japanese anime show which I think was called Marine Boy.

Then of course came Johnny Quest on ABC, followed by Scooby Doo on CBS.

Scooby Doo was so popular CBS couldn't get the new episodes on air fast enough.

With the exception of the animated films you listed, I really didn't care for GI Joe and Transformers. My nephew did though.

The 90's had a pretty good decade (Disney Afternoon, Fox Kids Network, Swat Kats, Ren & Stimpy)...

WilsonW said...

Have you seen the NEW Rainbow Brite??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2BT6Ee6-c

Weren't there boys and a black girl in the gang? Now it's just three white girls. How original. They don't really make cartoons for girls anymore do they? Remember Rose Petal Place and Strawberry Shortcake? I know you remember JEM! LOL! Granted it was just to sell toys, but still!

I remember her visually, but not much about her specifically. I do know that the movie is up on Netflix for Instant View. I'll have to check it out!

SteveA said...

Heavy Metal was my fave!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.