Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January Jones talks about being the X-Villainess, The White Queen


Mad Men actress, January Jones talks about being Miss Frost in the upcoming X-Men: First Class.
Here's some what she had to say, via Hero Complex
The workout-averse Jones lifted some weights for the role, but otherwise struck flattering poses and hoped for the best. She did have some advantages over the other actors when it came to costumes. “I don’t have to do all the crazy prosthetics,” Jones said. “When I morph into my diamond form, it’s all done on computer.”

One of the first things Jones wanted to understand about her character was the source of Emma’s anger, an answer she found by steeping herself in “X-Men” lore.

“Emma was a bespectacled, mousy child who had this power when she was young that she couldn’t quite harness, the telepathy, the mind-twisting stuff,” Jones said. “She had a falling out with her father and went her own direction.”

It wasn’t just learning Emma’s back-story that was important to Jones, but being able to reach hard-core fans. “Fans of the X-Men comics have a very set idea of these characters in their heads,” Jones said. “I wanted to know as much as I could about her so I wasn’t disappointing anyone. I’m sure I will still disappoint someone.”
Okay, but I wouldn't be a true X-Head if I didn't point out that Emma doesn't gain her diamond power until later... Waay later. But I hope Janny pulls this off.

4 comments:

robertga99 said...

Did you know she dated Ashton Kutcher a long time ago? She told him she was going to be an actress and he told her to give it up she would never make it. Guess she showed him

Prince Todd said...

LOL Take THAT Ashton!

Unknown said...

OK, i'm cringing at the diamond form in the 60s.

WilsonW said...

If she does go diamond then how do they explain the teenage Emma Frost in the Wolverine movie that occurs considerably later in time?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.