Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Interesting Quote: Bishop Robert C. Evans


I submit that today, in the State of Rhode Island, we are faced with a challenge to our baptismal promises to renounce the modern day evil works of Satan and confess our belief in Christ and His holy Catholic Church. On the day of our baptism, we chose whose side we are on. The question we must now ask ourselves is: Are we still on God’s side? And if we are, how will we prove it?

This challenge takes the form of an attempt to grant to same sex couples that recognition reserved for the oldest and the only institution God created in His own image: Man as male and female united in marriage. The essence of marriage in God’s plan is a union of one male and one female, who are so physically, emotionally, psychologically and religiously complementary that each completes the other in such a way that without the other each is incomplete. For this reason, it is a vocation, a call from God to the persons concerned as to how they are to live their lives and win their salvation.

He believes that Satan is bringing Gay Marriage to R.I. Tony, I thought about you when I saw this.


source

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice of him to speak out about it... why couldn't he speak out about all the kids gettign molested by the Church for years.

Kyle Leach said...

Boy, he's in love with the idea of marriage isn't he.

Anonymous said...

Who is this fucker? Oh he must be the current Auxilliary Bishop. Sorry you got the boobie prize and didn't get the big chair!

I note that neither he nor Tobin ever come to the hearings. Isn't any wonder because they'd cathc a serious ration of shit from me and my friends.

I met the bastard when he was pastor of St. Phillips. I told him then that he was dead wrong about a lot of things and his response made me want to smack him.

Bob said...

I wish all these bishops and cardinals and popes would clean up their own houses, before going after any one else's.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.