Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Craziest Movie EVER: The Apple



I like weird movies and I like campy movies (NOT Stupid Camp like Burlesque and Moulin Rouge), but fun camp Xanadu.

Anywho, my partner told me about The Apple and how it was just horrid. So I googled it and found the plot. So check it out:

Alphie (George Gilmour) and Bibi (Catherine Mary Stewart), two youths from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan in Canada, travel to America to take part in the 1994 Worldvision Song Festival. Despite being the most talented performers, they are beaten by BIM (Boogalow International Music) and its leader, Mr. Boogalow (Vladek Sheybal), who use underhanded tactics to secure a victory. The duo are approached by Mr. Boogalow to sign to his music label, but soon discover the darker side of the music industry. Bibi is caught up in the wild lifestyle BIM offers, while Alphie risks his life to free her from the company's evil clutches. He eventually convinces her to run away with him and the pair live as hippies for several years (and produce a child) before being tracked down by Mr. Boogalow who insists he owns Bibi's soul. However, the two are saved by the Rapture, and all good souls are taken away by Mr. Topps (aka God).
Okay, a little creative, weird and out there. But then I watched the musical numbers. I can't tell you about them, I rather show them to you

The Apple - the vampire at :57 kills it


The Show Business


Speed - I actually like this one


Coming for you - Lord...


I am so tempted to see this crazy ass movie! I will probably die laughing.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.