Monday, December 6, 2010

BENT-CON was a Blast!

Yesterday, I went to Bent-Con, a comic-con for the gays. This was its first year and I believe it's off to great start for the future.

Several comic book and Sci-Fi writers and artists were present for the event. I spent quite a bit money yesterday, but I didn't mind. I'm supporting the work of highly talented gay people.

I was very fortunate to meet the some the writers and artists. You could tell how passionate they are about their work.

For example, I talked to J.T. Tepnapa and Carlos Pedraza, the masterminds behind the upcoming movie, Judas Kiss. Their info and advice was very helpful and informative. They have truly put their heart and soul in their movie and I totally admire them for that.

And for my ego, there were some readers of my blog and tweets. I was very happy to meet them.

I really can't explain how inspirational it was to see gay creative people in one setting. Sean Z, who's one the founders of this event, was pleased with the turnout and hopes to make it bigger next year. I believe it will get bigger and better. As more gay geeks, artists and writers hear about Bent-Con, I sure it will grow.

I have some pics to share. Please click the 'Show Info' part of the sideshow

4 comments:

Cubby said...

Sounds cool, and the pics look great.

Kyle Leach said...

Cool. V, I'm happy you had such an awesome time. Hope you worked the room. It is inspirational to be surrounded by such talent, and I hope diversity. Isolation is one of the drawbacks to living in a place like NH, but I couldn't give up this place for anything.

Prince Todd said...

I love Sean Z!
And why are all gay comic artists and writers hot? lol

Unknown said...

Great pics. Lots of cuties. And some good looking artwork too.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.