Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Will She or Won't She


Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle has a big decision in her hands.

She could sign or veto the civil unions bill tomorrow. The question is what will she do?

KHON 2 reports:

Her options are to sign it, veto, or allow it to become law without her signature.

"I really thought about this more than I thought about any other piece of legislation and any other issue that's faced society,” said Gov. Lingle. “I don't know the exact number but I think it's running 60-40 against but as I'm going to talk about tomorrow -- that isn't what helped me to make a decision on this it was really the depth of feeling on both sides -- so I look forward to sharing that with everybody tomorrow."

The civil unions bill gives same-sex couples the same rights and responsibilities of marriage.
We will see what Miss Girl will do.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.