Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Interesting Quote: NAACP President Benjamin Jealous


"Expel the bigots and racists in your ranks or take the responsibility for them and their actions. We will no longer allow you to hide like cowards and hide behind signs that say 'Lynch Our President' or anyone else. Sarah Palin says, 'Let's party like it's 1776.' My white daddy would say be careful what you wish for because the 18th century, Sarah, wasn't good for anybody, even folks like you. And if you want to debate civil rights, and the Civil Rights Act, Rand Paul, my message to you is this: show the backbone and answer my challenge, set a date and I and the NAACP will be there."

Ben's words to the Tea Party

2 comments:

Damien said...

Great words.

Unknown said...

Oh snap! I'm liking Ben! We really need someone to call them out and take them on.
And I think people like Jesse or Sharpton have too much baggage for Mainstream America to side with.
Go Ben, go!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.