Monday, January 18, 2016

Dating Paranoia is Real



So, I met this guy over the holiday break. We've been in contact in the past, but we finally got together after some 'cute' texting. Once we met, we completely connected. We have a lot in common and he fits what I'm looking for.

But, I also have this underlying fear. The week we spent watching movies, eating and getting to know each other was great. However, I can't help but to think this is too good to be true. I shouldn't be so doubtful, but if I've learned anything from gay men is that when they're not ready, they will leave. Cut and run, leaving a mess for you to clean.

So far, he's not like that. He's been great, I think I'm just scared. I should just enjoy what happening and go with the flow.

Lord, has years of dating made me this paranoid?

2 comments:

Bob said...

Just enjoy it, be honest about your feelings and relax.
Have fun!

Ron Buckmire said...

I agree with Bob. YOU should clearly communicate your thoughts and explain why you might want to take it slow. He is dating you in the same environment (but he may have had very different experiences) but to me the key component in any relationship is clear communication (in BOTH directions).

Good luck!

Find your bliss...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.