Friday, February 27, 2015

Would you be willing to Submit?


I just watched a screener of 50 Shades of Grey and I have to say it was... Interesting. But it did spark some questions for me.

As most of you know it highlights a Dom and Sub relationship. A Dom lays out the rules on what the sub can and can't do. So, I wonder... Could I be a sub? Would I sign a contract for someone to have complete control over me?

I mean, a lot folks do this all the time. I just learned about the "Pup" stuff a few weeks and it's a growing thing. But, again, could I do this? It looked all glamourous and sexy in the movie, but I not sure I could give someone that much control over me. From an early age, I was taught to always watch my actions, and stay in control. I can't imagine giving someone the ability to own me.

But is it that simple? Am I missing to the real point of it? Can you really gain pleasure from the lack of control? Perhaps, the real issue is my fear of losing control. It could be very exciting to put someone in charge of my sexual exploration; maybe it's liberating and challenging. I don't know... Is it something worth considering?

How about y'all, have any of you done this? Are still doing this?

3 comments:

Behrmark said...

You should check out Noodles and Beef's blog; he is the Master to three pups (one of whom he proposed marriage). For whatever reason, this dom/sub relationship works for these men. I don't get it myself but I also don't need a sense of hyper masculinity to justify my sexual orientation. (Sorry - just how I see it.)

Unknown said...

Honestly, I don't think i would seek it out... but I think I could do it. I could relish either of those roles... with someone I have complete trust in. I also follow Noodles and Beef's blog. Love him & his sexy pups.

Farmasuetickle said...

I would do something like this only occasionally to keep things spicy but not as a permanent lifestyle.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.