Monday, September 1, 2014

Michael Sam not Picked Up by any NFL Teams


Wow...

Michael Sam wasn't picked up by anyone yesterday. Many of us hoped that he would be a part of someone's team, but no, it wasn't in the works.

Funny, other no-name players got picked up, but Michael didn't? I'm sorry, but I smell a rat and here's why. The Rams hasn't been the deal in years... Years. Finally, they get a shot to be seen and how do they do it, by picking up the most historic member of football.

Michael Sam was the talk of town and by association, it gave the Rams a chance to be talked about as well. It's like taking your hot friend to the bar so you can have a better shot of getting some. I can't help but to believe that the Rams used Sam to get some attention. I'm not sure they actually planned to sign him, which sucks.

Now, with Michael going free, I wonder what's next for him?

I hope he doesn't give up.

2 comments:

behrmark said...

From what I read last week, his performance on the field was not up to par. In all likelihood, that is what influenced the Rams' decision. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin or where he lies his head at night.

R.J. said...

From what I read there was one backup position up for grabs and an undrafted free agent outplayed Sam.

Also from what I'm hearing is that Sam looked ordinary at best against backup competition, meaning he simply isn't quite good enough to be on a 53-man roster at this time.

Perhaps a year or two on a practice squad or playing in the CFL will help?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.